(For those playing along at home too young to remember MacGyver and what he represents. MacGyver was an uber resourceful, super smart, good-guy who solved complex problems by making things out of ordinary objects. Stuck in a burning building surrounded by rabid dogs and explosive sharks with fricking laser beams on their heads? Mac would have you out of there with a rubber band and a tooth pick – seriously!
Now that we have that out of the way – on with the Scentsy Tips!)
1. Wow Your Wax Change
Did you know that changing your Scentsy wax fragrance comes with its own set of super cool Scentsy tips? You can do things the traditional way, grab the dish full of liquid wax, walk it to the bin, tip the non fragrant wax out and wipe the dish with paper towel; or:
- Drop one more cotton ball than you have used cube of wax into the warmer dish and simply suck up the liquid wax for a no muss no fuss scent change. BONUS TIP – These wax soaked balls make great fire lighters for your wood heater or open fire.
- Use the ‘Playdoh Method’ and remove the dish from the Scentsy Warmer and pop it on a safe surface like the kitchen bench until the wax is semi solid. Then, pull the delightfully pliable wax out with your fingers and pop into the bin. (Yes it’s as much fun as it sounds!). This method is perfect for white warmers and warmers with an unsealed finish. E.g. Lace, Etched Core, Whoot.
- Do the chill and slide! Pop your Scentsy dish into the fridge or freezer until the wax becomes super cold and hard. Pop the seal at the corner of the wax and discard OR place the dish back onto your warmer for a brief time until you can slide the whole piece of wax out in one go and bin it.
2. Position Your Paks
Here are my top five Scent Pak Scentsy Tips:
- Stretch the Scent Pak over the indicator stalk in your vehicle.
- Place your Pak on the capped pipe near the toilet
- Send them to school with a Scent Pak tucked into back packs to combat that more ‘traditional’ back pack odour.
- Throw one in the camper trailer while you travel and while you don’t. You’ll be the sweetest smelling site in no time.
- Pop one in your nappy bag or sports bag and have your kit smell amazing both on the way there and on the way home!
3. Whiff it, Whiff it Good!
Nobody expects you to be Martha Stewart (well not on this blog post anyway), but it’s nice to look a little more on top of things that we really are right? How many of us are familiar with forgetting a load of laundry in the washing machine all day, and maybe even longer than that?
I can confess to having to rewash some loads of laundry so many times in a row I began to hate every item in there with a passion. Not any more!
- Put a scoop of Scentsy Washer Whiffs directly into the drum of the washing machine when you start your load of laundry.
- Remember at 10 pm whilst you are watching Netflix that you put on that load of laundry some 12 hrs earlier…
- Hang those items out without a word to anyone about your appalling short term memory and get on with your life! (They will smell fantastic and no one will be any the wiser).
4. Go From Killer Soak to Kitchen Soap
Ok, it may have dawned on you (no pun intended for our American friends) that I am no housework handy person. No one need admit this out loud, but if it strikes a chord with you, then you will love this lazy girl’s guide to Scentsy tips that work.
My former method of attacking horrible dishes with baked on nasties was to fill with boiling hot water, bucket loads of dish washing liquid and… run like hell.
If it was still on the bench in the morning then I would tip out the worst of the gunk, poke it down the plug hole and repeat the process until my husband gave into his obsessive love of cleaning and washed it for me.
You can imagine both of our shock when Scentsy Kitchen Soap came into our lives and actually started cleaning those awful dishes on step one of my previous methodology! Quite literally, I was rendered speechless as I tipped the water into the sink and all the gunk slid off with it – no scrubbing required!
Here’s how I deal with even the most horrible of dishes these days – Scentsy MacGyver Style:
- Boil the kettle.
- Dominate the offending pan/dish with 3-5 pumps of Scentsy Kitchen Soap
- Pour in the boiling water and wait around 5 mins (or go to bed, whatever!)
- Let the enzymes in the Kitchen Soap do their thang…
- Tip out the water, soap and food and rinse the dish.
- On the worst of the worst dishes you might need to use a cloth to wipe off the last of the food – seriously, that’s it!
5. Be Ahead Of The (Back) Pack!
Do you have a school age child or preschooler who is a little hesitant at drop off time? What about a little guy or girl who might struggle to identify their bag at the lockers? Here’s a student friendly strategy that you are going to love! Have them pick out their favourite Scentsy Buddy Clip then:
- Make the corresponding fragrance your signature scent!
- Warm the matching Kids Scentsy Bar at home, so they can ease the separation anxiety whilst they are at school, Kindy or Daycare by giving their miniature Scentsy Buddy a quick sniff.
- Use the Buddy Clip as a conversation starter with other children.
- Point out to your kiddo that they will know their bag at 20 paces by looking for their fragrance filled friend.
6. Hide The Evidence…
No, no, not in a sinister way!
- Use one of Scentsy’s amazing new cord concealing stands for your Scentsy Warmer or Scentsy Diffuser and neaten up your world in a way that will have your friends scratching their head and wondering just how they have missed knowing an out and out Scentsy tips genius for all this time*
*Individual friend perceptions may vary 😉
7. Freshen Up For Friends
Speaking of friends, my husband is the first to tell anyone how much he hates a “pop in”. What’s a pop in? It’s when that local (or not so local) friend or relative decides to drop in with limited or no warning – arrrrrgh!
Why this never happens when you are sitting in the middle of your perfectly clean house with your well behaved children and pets is a phenomenon that I believe continues to elude explanation. But:
- Grab your handy dandy bottle of Scentsy Fresh and get to work!
- Scentsy Fresh absorbs odours and fills the air with beautiful scent. Been cleaning? No, but Scentsy will make them think you have!
- Mist on hard-to-wash surfaces like carpets, furniture, curtains, dog beds — anywhere you want to experience long-lasting Scentsy fragrance and undertake your last minute freshen up for friends.
Pop in crisis averted! Just don’t ask us to help you with small talk or getting rid of the guests later on – you’re on your own with that one.
8. Start Your Own Scentsy Business!
What screams jaw dropping levels of Scentsy tips guide resourcefulness louder than making money from scents? We struggle to think…
Like what you’ve read? Take a few moments to hit up your favourite method of social sharing and stay tuned for more of the same!